When we had Bourbonfest, meat dishes and desserts were the easiest to come by. Our friend Andrea dig some serious digging and found this amazing Bourbon Cheese Ball. She adapted the recipe from one she found on www.thekentuckyblog.com website. It really was fabulous. We all agreed that it would be PERFECT for the holidays!
- 1 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8oz of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Kentucky Bourbon
- ½ cup chopped, toasted pecans, plus more (about 1 cup) for rolling
- ¼ cup dry parsley flakes
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
Preparing Bourbon Cheese Ball:
Combine cream cheese, cheddar and bourbon in a mixing bowl, on slow speed. Add a half cup chopped pecans, and parsley flakes. Add the rest of the ingredients. When the ingredients are thoroughly blended, form into a ball, roll in chopped pecans, wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
Serve with wheat crackers.