How to Cook
This is probably our favorite part of McNack’s Kitchen. This is where, in one page, we provide all sorts of cool and easy ways on how to perform a laundry list of cooking techniques. These are things we have learned over years of cooking. Hopefully, this will simplify your life in the kitchen and push you up your own learning curve a little bit faster.
Keep coming back for more ideas as we will grow this list over time. You can also click on the categories to the right called Cooking 101, How To, Tips and Tricks and Videos.
How to Poach a Chicken
How to Prepare Asparagus
How to Roast Vegetables
How to Clean Mushrooms
How to Prepare Sugar Snap Peas and Snow Peas
How to Prepare Chicken Cutlets
How to Cut a Pepper
How to Clarify Butter
How to make the perfect hamburger patty
How to Pickle an Onion
How to Hard Boil an Egg
How to Poach an Egg
How to Separate an Egg
How to Cut-Up a Whole Chicken
How to Make Your Own Chicken Cutlets
How to Cut Meat Against the Grain and on a Bias
How to take the pit out of a peach and other stone fruits
How to Peel Garlic
How to Clean Mushrooms
How to Saute Mushrooms
How to make bacon wrapped chicken thighs
how to cut an onion
General Kitchen Skills
- Cooking 101
- Cast Iron Skillet
- How to Freeze Meat
- How to Make a Bacon Bowl
- Which Cut of Bacon Should you Buy?
- Grilling Tips
- Cooking with Kids
- Tip Tuesday - Getting the most out of citrus
- What is the difference between varieties of blue cheese?
- Tip Tuesday: How to grow tomatoes in your urban garden
- Humane way to kill a lobster
- How to cut basil into strips
- A week of meals from your well stocked kitchen
- Baking Soda Puts Out Kitchen Fires
- Thanksgiving Week - Tips to Prepare for Family and Guests
- Thanksgiving Turkey - Tips to Cook the Perfect Turkey
- How to cook emergency hotline - how to brown ground turkey
- It pays to have a well stocked kitchen!
- It's all about the presentation
- How to poach an egg
- How to separate an egg
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Fish in Paper / en Papillote
- Peaches! Cling vs Freestone Peaches and the Season for Each
- What to do with ripe fruit
- Facts of Cheese - White or Orange?
- Season for Fruits and Vegetables
- How to choose a good melon
- How to open a banana
- Make frozen peas taste better
- How to Pickle Peppers
- Getting rid of fruit flies
- Freezing Food
- What is a Superfood? Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Kit
- What is Starfruit?
- Fun Fact: Why do your teeth feel funny after eating spinach?
- How to know when a baked good is done
- Meat and Pork Industry changing the names of your favorite cuts of meat
- How to drain ground beef
- How to Cut a Melon
- Ruht Ro Shaggy - What do do when the power goes out during a party
- How to cut a whole pineapple
- Grating cheese with a box grater
- How to make a balsamic reduction
- How to make perfect fried green tomatoes
- What is Vinegar?
- It happens to the best of us! Read the entire recipe!
- Do you need to wash your melons?
- How to prepare perfect strawberries
- Substituting Tzatziki Sauce for Plain Yogurt
- How to Caramelize Onions
- Top 7 Tips to Making the Perfect Pasta
- How to make homemade guacamole
- Did you know? Cheese should be served at room temperature
- How to Shock Vegetables
- Sauteed Collard Greens with Garlic (and how to prepare collards)
- Gluten Free Tips
- How to Clean a Cast Iron Skillet
- Marinating meat in lemon juice
- Urban Garden - Spring/Summer
- Wine Bottles - What is a punt?
- How to Cut an Avocado
- No mess bacon
- Freezing Spaghetti Sauce
- Mashed Potatoes without lumps - the perfect tool
- Marinated Whole Artichokes (and how to prepare artichokes)
- How to Pickle an Onion
- How to Clarify Butter
- Medium Rare...Plus???
- Worst things to put in your garbage disposal
- Tips to Make the Perfect Hamburger Patty
- How to Cut Up a Whole Chicken
- How To Clean Mushrooms
- How to Prepare Sugar Snap or Snow Peas
- Oh crap! I burned the bread....again!
- How to Peel Garlic
- What do colored bread ties mean?
- How to Cut Basil into Strips
- How to Dice an Onion with Video
- How to Cut a Pepper
- How to Prepare Asparagus
- How to make tomatoes taste better