Menu Idea: Smothered Pork Chops, Salad, Brussels Sprouts and Corn Souffle
Here is a great menu that doesn’t require to much “hands on” time. The only dish you have to really tend to is the pork chops.
Total Cook Time:
To make the whole menu from start to finish, it will take about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes. It all depends on how fast you prep your food. This includes the 45 minutes of cooking time.
Fat Free Milk
Fresh or Frozen Corn
Salad Ingredients of your choice
Do you have this in your pantry, if not, add to shopping list:
Salt and Pepper
Manuka Honey (or regular honey)
Detail preparation instructions can be found in the links to each individual recipe.
1. Make the Manuka Honey Dressing for the Salad. Can be made ahead of time. You can wash and spin your lettuce (if needed) and go ahead and put in the serving bowl too. Just keep in fridge until you are ready.
2. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. If you have 2 ovens, set the top one to 350 Degrees and the bottom oven to 400 Degrees.
3. Prepare the Brussels Sprouts and put on baking sheet.
4. Prepare the Corn Soufflé and put in the oven. If you are only using one oven (at 350 degrees), go ahead and but the Brussels spouts in. Make sure you put the soufflé on the top rack and the sprouts on the bottom rack.
5. Prepare the pork chops. If you are using two separate ovens, go ahead and put the Brussels Sprouts in the oven after the pork chops are prepared, but before you cook them.
6. Cook the pork chops. When the chops are simmering in the pan, toss your salad.
7. Take the soufflé out when it is ready, as well as the Brussels sprouts. Plate and garnish the pork chops.